09-14-2013, 12:45 AM
cory Wrote:Brother, no one here is trying to make a fool of you. People here are legitimately worried about you.
Heed their advice and have a professional look at your weapon, please. I personally hope you're right, but the engineer in me knows you're to far above norm for something to not be right.
The horde is a unique forum. We don't attack people here, we all want to help each other. However, the personal attacks lately have been unusually high as they've been all but not existence. I hope it gets back to normal, soon!
I've trained in MMA as a hobby for a little while now. Whenever I talk to a friend that expresses interest in the sport, the first thing I tell them is check your ego at the door. If you don't, you won't learn anything and you'll likely get yourself injured or injure someone else. The same goes for here.
+1. Xcountry, let some more folks with these pipes get some chrono info in before resuming with these loads. Im getting 2550 with factory amax in a 22" bartlein, which is 5R as well, so in a 24" your 2650 isnt too far off, but theres alot of experience here, lots of it from the university of hard knocks, and these guys are trying to steer you down the safe path. Sit back and soak in the knowledge, be safe, and have fun. Remember, a little velocity gain doesnt usually make much difference in external ballistics, but can make huge differences in equipment longevity and your personal safety. Post up some pics of groups shooting at "normal" velocities, and some with your handload velocities. How are the two comparing? Velocity isnt always king, but accuracy is.
Richard
Richard
