XcountryRider Wrote:I talked to Steve Saturn and he fully expects 2650fps from a factory 123gr SST. Completely normal.
Brother, no one here is trying to make a fool of you. People here are legitimately worried about you.
Heed their advice and have a professional look at your weapon, please. I personally hope you're right, but the engineer in me knows you're to far above norm for something to not be right.
The horde is a unique forum. We don't attack people here, we all want to help each other. However, the personal attacks lately have been unusually high as they've been all but not existence. I hope it gets back to normal, soon!
I've trained in MMA as a hobby for a little while now. Whenever I talk to a friend that expresses interest in the sport, the first thing I tell them is check your ego at the door. If you don't, you won't learn anything and you'll likely get yourself injured or injure someone else. The same goes for here.
Added Analysis: Looking at the 5R design I do believe it could possibly give higher velocity as there is certainly less friction on the bullet. However, friction is a small factor in this equation, thus velocity gains shouldn't be significant.
"Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

