09-11-2013, 08:41 PM
Tedward Wrote:So your saying you get more velocity out of a 6.8 with the same powder and same weight bullet than a 6.5? Or the 6.5 needs less powder to compare the two rounds safely??? I do not understand why the 6.5 needs limited load to compare it to the 6.8. That makes no sense. If they both have a 120gr bullet and the 6.8 can only handle X amount of powder and the Grendel can handle X+1 safely, then the Grendel has better velocity period.
Sort of like if you put a 100 hours power engine, 4:10 gears and the same transmission in a VW Bug or a Heavy Chevy, the VW will be faster, there's no magic in that either..
Maybe I'm missing something but why are we comparing the 6.5 and 6.8? I thought the topic was about 6.5 with 5R rifling and maybe another 6.5 type of rifling. That would be nice to discuss.
Generally speaking, I think the point is that bullets of the same weight can be pushed faster through a larger bore, all else being equal.
Drifter

