09-10-2013, 07:39 PM
cory Wrote:Negative. It's not nice it's necessary for a true analysis.I'll bet I can throw cat further than you can throw a cow. Both have 3 letters, start with a C and have 1 vowel, they're similar so lets compare.
You wouldn't use a 123gr 308 projectile to compare it to the Grendel would you?
For the very reasons you stated you have to take in account projectile diameter with its weight to make a true comparison. The 6.8 is a larger bore rifle compared to the Grendel, so when comparing MV appropriate projectiles should be used.
LRRPF52 as those are the two projectiles Hornady produces for the two chambers it's a good comparison.
However, to compare the ability and potential of the two rifles a linear comparison needs to be made. I'd also suggest that it's done with a variety of comparisons.
i.e. 6.8 vs 6.5
130gr to 123gr
120gr to 115gr
115gr to 110gr
Note: I'm not hear trying to prove the Grendel is superior to the 6.8 in every way under the sun. The 6.8 is a good rifle. I just want to see the correct comparison made.
As long as we're talking in facts and analysis based in mathematics and science I'm happy.
