09-10-2013, 12:01 AM
Why do you think the AR Stoner barrels are 5R barrels?
The only true 5R barrels I've ever seen advertised were cut barrels, but it would be interesting if someone is making buttoned 5R barrels. Midway doesn't mention that they are 5R, and if they were I'd think it would be a great advertising!
Stoner barrels have been made by at least 2 manufacturers according to internet sources, first by ER Shaw, then by Liberty, which is Satern Manufacturings line of button rifles barrels. No one knows who is making them now, but it has been rumored that they've gone offshore.
The only true 5R barrels I've ever seen advertised were cut barrels, but it would be interesting if someone is making buttoned 5R barrels. Midway doesn't mention that they are 5R, and if they were I'd think it would be a great advertising!
Stoner barrels have been made by at least 2 manufacturers according to internet sources, first by ER Shaw, then by Liberty, which is Satern Manufacturings line of button rifles barrels. No one knows who is making them now, but it has been rumored that they've gone offshore.
You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live. - John Galt
