Firearms Glossary
#11
DW61 Wrote:Excellent reference, thanks! A list of commonly used acronyms would be helpful as well (MOA, COAL, Etc..)

Thank you.

I've posted a list of acronyms, such as it is, this morning. Embarrassingly enough, bwaites has already pointed out that I'd omitted AA (Alexander Arms) and has locked the thread to humiliate me until I pay a ransom of 200 rounds of loaded ammo and one orange soda.

LR1955 Wrote:NF:

Thank you for putting this up for people to use as a reference. Sometimes guys use terms on the forum that are hard to figure out. My be a good idea to cite your source.

Hopefully someone will come up with some marksmanship specific terms and state their value.

Nothing here need come from a specific source. Sometimes it is better for people to define a term themselves.

Now to figure out how to put JASmith's 'reticule / reticle' into the list.

LR1955

You're welcome. I've added citations for the sources I remember using. And I paid a small homage to JASmith by including both spellings in the glossary, though without the explanation of their origins.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Firearms Glossary - by NugginFutz - 09-04-2013, 09:49 PM
Firearms Glossary - by NugginFutz - 09-04-2013, 09:52 PM
Firearms Glossary - by NugginFutz - 09-04-2013, 09:54 PM
Firearms Glossary - by NugginFutz - 09-04-2013, 09:55 PM
Firearms Glossary - by NugginFutz - 09-04-2013, 09:59 PM
Firearms Glossary - by NugginFutz - 09-04-2013, 09:59 PM
Firearms Glossary - by LR1955 - 09-05-2013, 11:47 AM
Firearms Glossary - by DW61 - 09-05-2013, 01:24 PM
Firearms Glossary - by Michael - 09-05-2013, 03:36 PM
Firearms Glossary - by Tedward - 09-05-2013, 04:04 PM
Firearms Glossary - by NugginFutz - 09-05-2013, 08:50 PM
Firearms Glossary - by NugginFutz - 09-05-2013, 08:53 PM
Firearms Glossary - by bwaites - 09-05-2013, 09:29 PM
Firearms Glossary - by Sputnik - 09-06-2013, 04:40 PM
Firearms Glossary - by NugginFutz - 09-06-2013, 04:49 PM
Firearms Glossary - by LR1955 - 09-06-2013, 09:41 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)