Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
My 6.5 SPR build
#1
I'm going to use this thread to document my 6.5 SPR build. If I don't get in a hurry (like I normally do), I'll take lots of pics of the process. My goal is for an SPR-type rifle (think MK12) in 6.5 Grendel.

I'm starting with a Noveske N4 light in 5.56. I will use the lower for both my current N4 carbine and the new 6.5 SPR upper. The lower consists of a Noveske receiver, Geiselle SSA-E trigger, and a B5 Sopmod stock. The SSA-E and Sopmod were recent additions with this build in mind.

For the upper, I've obtained a Satern barrel and bolt purchased used locally. The barrel is 24", SS, heavy profile, fluted to the gas block. Since 24" does not fit the SPR profile, I'm going to send it off to Adco to have them cut/thread/crown, enlarge the gas port, and bead blast the finish. I'm still undecided on the final length (thinking 19 to 19.5").

Other parts that I have obtained for the build include a PRI 14" carbon fiber free float handguard, a Badger low pro gas block, and a PSA blemished upper.

I still haven't decided on a muzzle device yet. I'm considering staying true to style for the MK12 and going with the Ops Inc brake and collar, but I don't really want to spend the money for the contouring needed for the collar install; especially when I don't plan on getting the suppressor. I might just go with the AAC single chamber brake because it won't add much length to the barrel.

Feedback and recommendations are welcome.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
My 6.5 SPR build - by frank - 08-29-2013, 05:16 PM
My 6.5 SPR build - by ricsmall - 08-29-2013, 08:49 PM
My 6.5 SPR build - by frank - 08-29-2013, 09:25 PM
My 6.5 SPR build - by Drifter - 08-29-2013, 09:47 PM
My 6.5 SPR build - by frank - 08-29-2013, 10:02 PM
My 6.5 SPR build - by m796rider - 08-29-2013, 10:30 PM
My 6.5 SPR build - by Drifter - 08-29-2013, 10:34 PM
My 6.5 SPR build - by frank - 08-30-2013, 12:43 PM
My 6.5 SPR build - by Drifter - 08-30-2013, 01:19 PM
My 6.5 SPR build - by frank - 08-30-2013, 01:37 PM
My 6.5 SPR build - by frank - 09-02-2013, 09:25 PM
My 6.5 SPR build - by joker31 - 09-03-2013, 05:14 AM
My 6.5 SPR build - by frank - 09-10-2013, 07:11 PM
My 6.5 SPR build - by frank - 09-17-2013, 06:48 PM
My 6.5 SPR build - by frank - 09-28-2013, 03:54 PM
My 6.5 SPR build - by 500 - 09-28-2013, 07:35 PM
My 6.5 SPR build - by frank - 11-11-2013, 02:15 PM
My 6.5 SPR build - by usmc1371 - 11-11-2013, 02:50 PM
My 6.5 SPR build - by MrFrankZ - 11-15-2013, 09:20 PM
My 6.5 SPR build - by cory - 11-15-2013, 10:17 PM
My 6.5 SPR build - by dmsims21 - 11-16-2013, 01:46 AM
My 6.5 SPR build - by MrFrankZ - 11-17-2013, 02:50 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)