Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
First Grendel
#4
JC10311 Wrote:Very nice. I'm a little surprised that you would leave any to the gas tube exposed. A friend and I are about to start builds and we're having trouble finding barrels. Where did you get yours?



I got my barrel direct from AA. I've had the parts sitting around for almost 3 years, finally got the last components in... the ban panic dried everything up.

The delay was fortuitous, because the build specs changed; I had a plain FF tube already bought for this. The the MFR came out, a much better piece of kit.

Any regular handguard (7", 9", 12") will leave about .25" of the gas tube exposed if paired on a matching Carbine, Midlength or Rifle gas system. Not optimal, but not unusable either. If DD makes an extended 14" MFR, I will switch it out.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
First Grendel - by AyeGuy - 08-15-2013, 01:35 AM
First Grendel - by JC10311 - 08-19-2013, 07:33 PM
First Grendel - by burkew23 - 08-19-2013, 07:41 PM
First Grendel - by AyeGuy - 08-22-2013, 02:15 AM
First Grendel - by AyeGuy - 08-22-2013, 02:24 AM
First Grendel - by AyeGuy - 08-22-2013, 02:28 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)