08-18-2013, 12:10 PM
Nimrod Wrote:I don't know how to check to see it is square or not, I would hope it is since it is a Les Baer custom, I think I will order some of his ammo and run it to see if I have trouble, I agree that the factory ammo is hotter than 2350, but he said they are using different powders that produce less pressure. I don't understand that though as it would seem to me that pressure is what pushes the bullet down the barrel, more pressure more velocity it would seem to me. My original bolt had over 1,000 rnds of significantly hotter loads then 2350. Every since then it is bolt after bolt even while I continue to step back on my loads. As I said before I sent the rifle in last time to be checked out and Les cleared it and sent it back. I am at a loss and at 2350 out of my 20" barrel I can't very well take advantage of what the Grendel has to offer.
Once the first bolt broke it may have damaged the barrel extension maybe? If the issue started after a hot load broke something, then it may have caused another issue. Send ti to LBC and let them use the correct equipment to test it rather than try with new bolts and lower pressure bullets. Just the upper and your bolt. sounds cheapest way and less than a bolt in shipping.
