Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
16" for deer at 200+
#1
I'm working on getting a Grendel put together with some spares I've got laying around. I have the opportunity to pick up a 16" barrel and am curious about people's experiences with Grendel effectiveness on deer/hogs out past 200 yards with that barrel length. I hunt in south Texas a lot so long shots are pretty frequent down there.

The 16" interests me because they're easy to manage inside a deer stand. My preferred rifle is my 25.06 but the 26" tube can be a pain in the stand/vehicle. The ballistics of the Grendel are great but I'm curious to hear about some real-world experience with a shorter barrel.

TC
Reply


Messages In This Thread
16" for deer at 200+ - by Trock03 - 08-16-2013, 11:29 PM
16" for deer at 200+ - by LRRPF52 - 08-16-2013, 11:58 PM
16" for deer at 200+ - by XcountryRider - 08-17-2013, 01:33 AM
16" for deer at 200+ - by sneaky one - 08-17-2013, 02:32 AM
16" for deer at 200+ - by Trock03 - 08-17-2013, 05:34 PM
16" for deer at 200+ - by 81police - 08-17-2013, 05:35 PM
16" for deer at 200+ - by XcountryRider - 08-17-2013, 05:56 PM
16" for deer at 200+ - by KentuckyBuddha - 08-17-2013, 06:13 PM
16" for deer at 200+ - by XcountryRider - 08-17-2013, 06:58 PM
16" for deer at 200+ - by hm2 clark - 08-17-2013, 11:55 PM
16" for deer at 200+ - by 81police - 08-18-2013, 01:44 AM
16" for deer at 200+ - by KentuckyBuddha - 08-18-2013, 01:55 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)