06-13-2013, 04:56 AM
Reviewing the input of this particular incident of Bolt failures, I would agree with those who've suggested that there's something wrong with this particular rifle. That said, and having researched the 6.5 Grendel Forum Archives, [B]The Big Bolt (6.5 Grendel ARs and other semi-autos, April, 2011) and Sheared Bolt Lugs (6.5 Grendel Troubleshooting, June, 2011), I believe the viable corrective suggestions offered in those previous Threads should be strongly considered, at this time.
1, The AR15Performance Big Bolt w/ matching Barrel Extension (http://68forums.com/forums/showthread.ph...he-264-LBC) --- Sheared Bolt Lugs, 6-18-2011 Reply, "Gents, This is the one area where we really need a dedicated bolt and barrel extension for the Grendel, with increased mass around the bolt lugs to support the cartridge head, as well as balance out the load on the lugs. . . ."; 6-18-2011 Reply, "I really wish AR performance would have the 'Big Bolts' available. They look like a great idea, as not only is the bolt beefed up, but the system includes a specially made barrel extension to accommodate the beefed up bolt. I really doubt that anyone who is even close to the listed max loads would blow bolt lugs off the 'Big Bolt' system."
2, The R-15 And The .30 RAR (http://www.shootingtimes.com/2010/09/23/...ar_200905/) --- ". . . the .30 RAR bolt shares the body of the .223 bolt with the head of the .308 bolt."
I submit that there's a whole new experience in store for 6.5 Grendel Enthusiasts hooked on gas guns. And, for those who have been considering the cartridge for military applications, "If only it had a little more velocity with the heavier bullets," this could be the bridge to that vision! [/B]
1, The AR15Performance Big Bolt w/ matching Barrel Extension (http://68forums.com/forums/showthread.ph...he-264-LBC) --- Sheared Bolt Lugs, 6-18-2011 Reply, "Gents, This is the one area where we really need a dedicated bolt and barrel extension for the Grendel, with increased mass around the bolt lugs to support the cartridge head, as well as balance out the load on the lugs. . . ."; 6-18-2011 Reply, "I really wish AR performance would have the 'Big Bolts' available. They look like a great idea, as not only is the bolt beefed up, but the system includes a specially made barrel extension to accommodate the beefed up bolt. I really doubt that anyone who is even close to the listed max loads would blow bolt lugs off the 'Big Bolt' system."
2, The R-15 And The .30 RAR (http://www.shootingtimes.com/2010/09/23/...ar_200905/) --- ". . . the .30 RAR bolt shares the body of the .223 bolt with the head of the .308 bolt."
I submit that there's a whole new experience in store for 6.5 Grendel Enthusiasts hooked on gas guns. And, for those who have been considering the cartridge for military applications, "If only it had a little more velocity with the heavier bullets," this could be the bridge to that vision! [/B]

