07-07-2011, 09:15 PM
Hmm... Both marks are along where the upper right side of the carrier rides along the inside of the reciever. Honestly, as long as there are no metal flakes, I wouldn't sweat it. I would look for wear marks on the bolt carrier and cam pin to see what is rubbing up against the reciever, but I'll bet you will see it even out and not get much bigger.
I just pullet my 6.5 upper out of the safe and looked at it. It has a similar wear spot to the one yours has by the gas tube. I imagine that has something to do with the cam pin, but since it runs like a swiss watch and there aren't any metal shavings, I just give it a squirt of oil and go. Let us know if it gets any worse, or you notice anything unusual when cycling the weapon...
I just pullet my 6.5 upper out of the safe and looked at it. It has a similar wear spot to the one yours has by the gas tube. I imagine that has something to do with the cam pin, but since it runs like a swiss watch and there aren't any metal shavings, I just give it a squirt of oil and go. Let us know if it gets any worse, or you notice anything unusual when cycling the weapon...
