06-11-2013, 02:09 PM
Nimrod,
I'll direct you to my thread from last week.
http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showthrea...lt-problem
I built a 5.56 and a lug was interfering with the barrel extension (BE). Read how my procedure in installing the barrel caused this. But I could look down into the BE as I brought the BCG forward and I could see the bolt nick the BE. Yours might not be nicking the BE like mine did but there could be a little more interference than normal.
Do you have any sticking problems with charging or getting it into battery?
Mine was really tough to get into battery and to charge.
Notice in my thread that the feed ramps were just off. This should've tipped me off that there was an alignment issue between the BE and lugs of bolt.
But this sounds like too much interference with the BE.
I'll direct you to my thread from last week.
http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showthrea...lt-problem
I built a 5.56 and a lug was interfering with the barrel extension (BE). Read how my procedure in installing the barrel caused this. But I could look down into the BE as I brought the BCG forward and I could see the bolt nick the BE. Yours might not be nicking the BE like mine did but there could be a little more interference than normal.
Do you have any sticking problems with charging or getting it into battery?
Mine was really tough to get into battery and to charge.
Notice in my thread that the feed ramps were just off. This should've tipped me off that there was an alignment issue between the BE and lugs of bolt.
But this sounds like too much interference with the BE.

