Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Help!! Broken bolts!
#3
Nimrod Wrote:I have a .264 LBC from Les Baer. I have had it for a couple years and had very good results with it for the first year, then I broke a lug off my bolt. Every since then I am breaking bolt after bolt, I am on my sixth one and I have even sent it back to Les Baer whom returned it with a new bolt at no cost to me. 28 rounds later, another broken bolt!! I am not running hot loads, this load was a 123gr. Amax behind 27.5gr XBR 8208, about 2420 on the crono. It still shoots great but only for about 30 rounds and then it breaks a bolt. It was head spaced by Les, I am using brand new brass, I checked and I'm not seating any where near the lands, I can't and still fit it in the magazine, and I am using 1.2gr les powder the I used with the original bolt which had many more rounds fired. I don't know what else to do.

NR:

I bet you have more broken bolts than I do! Never broke one in any other AR type of rifle. Have broken six or seven since shooting the Grendel. However, only two of them were true Grendel Bolts sold by AA. Three were 7.62 X 39 bolts and two more were 5.56 bolts opened up to fit the Grendel. Surprisingly, the opened up 5.56 bolts lasted just as long as the true Grendel bolts. Not so with the 7.62 X 39 bolts. Their life span was pretty poor.

You will find that all the lugs are the same ones. Next to the extractor. Greyfox says there may be an issue with the barrel extension. Could be but that was the issue with only one of mine -- an 28" model sold by CSS when they were together with AA. The rest are simply because that part of the bolt is too thin to take as much abuse as something like a 5.56 or 6.8.

However, in my case this spanned four or five different uppers. In your case, only one upper. So, could be poor quality bolts and could be something like what Greyfox says.

Get hold of Les Bear again as something is seriously wrong.

LR1955
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Help!! Broken bolts! - by Nimrod - 06-11-2013, 05:19 AM
Help!! Broken bolts! - by Greyfox - 06-11-2013, 11:40 AM
Help!! Broken bolts! - by LR1955 - 06-11-2013, 11:54 AM
Help!! Broken bolts! - by Keep The Change - 06-11-2013, 02:09 PM
Help!! Broken bolts! - by PinkVapor - 06-11-2013, 07:12 PM
Help!! Broken bolts! - by Nimrod - 06-11-2013, 09:35 PM
Help!! Broken bolts! - by Nimrod - 06-11-2013, 09:40 PM
Help!! Broken bolts! - by Drifter - 06-11-2013, 10:07 PM
Help!! Broken bolts! - by bwaites - 06-11-2013, 10:48 PM
Help!! Broken bolts! - by Nimrod - 06-12-2013, 12:20 AM
Help!! Broken bolts! - by Drifter - 06-12-2013, 12:25 AM
Help!! Broken bolts! - by Nimrod - 06-12-2013, 02:00 AM
Help!! Broken bolts! - by Nimrod - 06-12-2013, 08:04 PM
Help!! Broken bolts! - by bwaites - 06-12-2013, 08:38 PM
Help!! Broken bolts! - by Nukes - 06-12-2013, 09:10 PM
Help!! Broken bolts! - by Keep The Change - 06-12-2013, 09:26 PM
Help!! Broken bolts! - by bwaites - 06-12-2013, 09:28 PM
Help!! Broken bolts! - by Keep The Change - 06-12-2013, 09:33 PM
Help!! Broken bolts! - by bwaites - 06-12-2013, 09:36 PM
Help!! Broken bolts! - by bwaites - 06-12-2013, 09:38 PM
Help!! Broken bolts! - by Keep The Change - 06-12-2013, 09:40 PM
Help!! Broken bolts! - by Tedward - 06-12-2013, 10:01 PM
Help!! Broken bolts! - by Nimrod - 06-12-2013, 10:08 PM
Help!! Broken bolts! - by Nukes - 06-12-2013, 10:19 PM
Help!! Broken bolts! - by bwaites - 06-12-2013, 10:33 PM
Help!! Broken bolts! - by wrsteve - 06-13-2013, 02:18 AM
Help!! Broken bolts! - by SHORT-N-SASSY - 06-13-2013, 04:56 AM
Help!! Broken bolts! - by Tedward - 06-13-2013, 09:31 AM
Help!! Broken bolts! - by Nukes - 06-13-2013, 10:58 AM
Help!! Broken bolts! - by Drifter - 06-13-2013, 11:07 AM
Help!! Broken bolts! - by SHORT-N-SASSY - 06-14-2013, 07:25 AM
Help!! Broken bolts! - by LRRPF52 - 06-14-2013, 10:22 AM
Help!! Broken bolts! - by Sputnik - 07-17-2013, 05:00 AM
Help!! Broken bolts! - by oklahomaman - 07-17-2013, 02:27 PM
Help!! Broken bolts! - by woohoo - 07-17-2013, 07:41 PM
Help!! Broken bolts! - by LRRPF52 - 07-18-2013, 01:37 AM
Help!! Broken bolts! - by Nimrod - 07-20-2013, 09:04 PM
Help!! Broken bolts! - by Nimrod - 08-18-2013, 08:58 AM
Help!! Broken bolts! - by Tedward - 08-18-2013, 12:10 PM
Help!! Broken bolts! - by cst - 02-11-2014, 10:47 PM
Help!! Broken bolts! - by dammitman - 02-12-2014, 12:04 PM
Help!! Broken bolts! - by LRRPF52 - 02-12-2014, 05:56 PM
Help!! Broken bolts! - by explorecaves - 02-12-2014, 09:36 PM
Help!! Broken bolts! - by dammitman - 02-13-2014, 10:39 PM
Help!! Broken bolts! - by explorecaves - 02-14-2014, 02:04 AM
Help!! Broken bolts! - by dammitman - 02-14-2014, 02:17 PM
Help!! Broken bolts! - by LRRPF52 - 02-14-2014, 03:23 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)