Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
"This is my rifle, there are many like it, but this one is mine, ..........."
#7
Thanks Outlaw, the upper was traded to me for work I did for its owner. I was there th only time he shot it and knew it had less than 60 rounds through it. The problem for me was the Surefire brake, it had "spikes" sticking out the front. I didn't want to make a Delrin cover to protect the inside of a rifle case from it, besides I might forget to take it off. After looking at the existing crown and the threads I decided to start from scratch. Indexed the barrel, cut a new crown and threaded it. As the pictures show I modeled mine brake after the Surefire, less the stupid spikes. I changed the size of the expansion chamber and the angles of the "jet" ports as well. Only two others have shot and the both commented on how it stays on target. A fun project with great results. Also, i didn't want something marked 6.8 SPC on my 6.5 Grendel.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
"This is my rifle, there are many like it, but this one is mine, ..........." - by stevegun 1 - 05-27-2013, 12:00 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)