07-01-2011, 02:57 PM
I would like to have a Satern barrel but they won't return calls or emails. Which is ridiculous. And after seeing how bad their customer service is I am not sure I want one. There can always be a problem even with what is considered the best. I can see now if there is a problem with a Satern barrel your on your own.
So I am on a quest to find a comparable barrel. I have done my research and found some other manufacturers as mentioned previously. So I am here to pick the brains of those such as yourself on other possibilities other than the ones i have found.
My mission is to build an upper I can exchange with the Stag .223 lower I now own. I am not planning to do any competitions. I will use it for hunting and fun target. From what I have gathered the "18 inch barrel will be short enough to carry yet very accurate out to 1000 yards providing it is a premium barrel ?? Basicly speaking i see no sense in going cheap and regretting it later. I was eagerly willing to pay $575 for the Satern barrel I wanted. To me that is rather an expensive but you get what you pay for. Plus the Spartan barrel is double fluted which I like for weight reduction since i plan to pack this thing around.
The Black Hole barrels are less expensive and I have read good about them but i did not see a fluted barrel in their line up. I may give them a call and see. Plus from what I understand they are reachable and have very good customer service. ??
So I am on a quest to find a comparable barrel. I have done my research and found some other manufacturers as mentioned previously. So I am here to pick the brains of those such as yourself on other possibilities other than the ones i have found.
My mission is to build an upper I can exchange with the Stag .223 lower I now own. I am not planning to do any competitions. I will use it for hunting and fun target. From what I have gathered the "18 inch barrel will be short enough to carry yet very accurate out to 1000 yards providing it is a premium barrel ?? Basicly speaking i see no sense in going cheap and regretting it later. I was eagerly willing to pay $575 for the Satern barrel I wanted. To me that is rather an expensive but you get what you pay for. Plus the Spartan barrel is double fluted which I like for weight reduction since i plan to pack this thing around.
The Black Hole barrels are less expensive and I have read good about them but i did not see a fluted barrel in their line up. I may give them a call and see. Plus from what I understand they are reachable and have very good customer service. ??
