04-18-2013, 10:32 PM
In my view, burning the US flag is a treasonous offense with immediate beating not being enough punishment. These acts encourage more serious acts, including some of the blood we saw shed in recent weeks and months from domestic terrorism. It is like yelling 'fire' in a crowded theater -- there is no reason for it, and it is not speech even though some liberal yahoos claim it is.
Y85, I share your sentiment about language. I worked with folks who lived in regions where at least one of the languages you mentioned. I have since learned how extraordinarily difficult English is to speak for one who learns it as an adult. My main concern is that all government business be conducted in English, with children of immigrants using their new native language as a native. That evolution is one of the reasons for this nation's lasting strength!
Y85, I share your sentiment about language. I worked with folks who lived in regions where at least one of the languages you mentioned. I have since learned how extraordinarily difficult English is to speak for one who learns it as an adult. My main concern is that all government business be conducted in English, with children of immigrants using their new native language as a native. That evolution is one of the reasons for this nation's lasting strength!
