04-11-2013, 12:48 AM
(This post was last modified: 04-11-2013, 11:55 PM by Hank Rearden.)
Here is how the feed ramp polishing was explained to me by LRRPF52.
The reasoning behind taking the inside edge off of the 2 and 3 o'clock lugs is to minimize scratching and damage to the brass as it is extracted.
Quote:Hank,
Here's the link to the pics: http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showthrea...feed-ramps
I use a Dremel with one of the football-shaped green polishing tools, which is not too aggressive on metal finishes. I just do a little at a time, clean it up, place it in the upper to check fit and mate-up, then pull it and do a little more. I like to take the edges off the feed ramps, but not go crazy on the surface thickness, since this is a critical part under pressure that is heat-treated/surface-hardened.
The reasoning behind taking the inside edge off of the 2 and 3 o'clock lugs is to minimize scratching and damage to the brass as it is extracted.

