Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Beginning to order stuff
#20
LRRPF52,
Last Thursday, I ordered from Brux a 22" barrel with a rifle length gas system. After watching some 24" grendel videos and thinking about how I plan on using it, I figured I might as well go for the 24" and asked for an extended gas system. The guy on the phone, which I think was their sales guy said he thought it was about 2" past the rifle length. If the AR in the picture has a 15" guard then 2" past the rifle length looks about what is on that rifle. I didn't get a measurement from the breach from them. I just figured, they are the barrel guys and have a set length for their extended gas system.

I believe in an earlier post you suggested an extended length gas system with a 24", and I took this into consideration. My thought was that if a midlength on a carbine is a good combination in terms of being a little easier on the reciprocating mass and having less pressures at the carrier, then I would think it holds true for my scenario.

Anyway I would enjoy a discussion on the benefits of doing this or any issues with it as well concerning my decision on this barrel. This is uncharted territory for me.

I'll try to find out what that distance is tomorrow from Brux though.
-JP
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Beginning to order stuff - by Keep The Change - 03-22-2013, 02:43 AM
Beginning to order stuff - by LRRPF52 - 03-22-2013, 05:09 AM
Beginning to order stuff - by Keep The Change - 03-22-2013, 12:56 PM
Beginning to order stuff - by Keep The Change - 03-22-2013, 07:04 PM
Beginning to order stuff - by jroger3 - 03-22-2013, 08:01 PM
Beginning to order stuff - by Keep The Change - 03-23-2013, 01:50 PM
Beginning to order stuff - by aclark - 03-23-2013, 03:26 PM
Beginning to order stuff - by Keep The Change - 03-24-2013, 01:33 PM
Beginning to order stuff - by aclark - 03-24-2013, 03:44 PM
Beginning to order stuff - by jroger3 - 03-25-2013, 11:20 AM
Beginning to order stuff - by Keep The Change - 03-25-2013, 03:12 PM
Beginning to order stuff - by Keep The Change - 03-25-2013, 03:14 PM
Beginning to order stuff - by Keep The Change - 03-25-2013, 03:16 PM
Beginning to order stuff - by leopard6.5 - 03-25-2013, 06:54 PM
Beginning to order stuff - by LRRPF52 - 03-25-2013, 07:11 PM
Beginning to order stuff - by Keep The Change - 03-25-2013, 07:42 PM
Beginning to order stuff - by Keep The Change - 03-25-2013, 07:45 PM
Beginning to order stuff - by Keep The Change - 03-27-2013, 09:41 PM
Beginning to order stuff - by LRRPF52 - 03-27-2013, 11:39 PM
Beginning to order stuff - by Keep The Change - 03-28-2013, 03:22 AM
Beginning to order stuff - by LRRPF52 - 03-28-2013, 05:26 AM
Beginning to order stuff - by Keep The Change - 03-28-2013, 01:32 PM
Beginning to order stuff - by Keep The Change - 12-29-2013, 04:12 AM
Beginning to order stuff - by heinz57grendel - 12-29-2013, 04:21 AM
Beginning to order stuff - by LRRPF52 - 12-29-2013, 04:31 AM
Beginning to order stuff - by tango29 - 12-29-2013, 06:10 AM
Beginning to order stuff - by Keep The Change - 12-29-2013, 07:27 PM
Beginning to order stuff - by tango29 - 12-29-2013, 09:55 PM
Beginning to order stuff - by wheelguner - 12-29-2013, 10:27 PM
Beginning to order stuff - by Keep The Change - 12-30-2013, 05:20 PM
Beginning to order stuff - by Tedward - 12-30-2013, 05:52 PM
Beginning to order stuff - by Keep The Change - 12-30-2013, 05:55 PM
Beginning to order stuff - by cory - 12-30-2013, 07:15 PM
Beginning to order stuff - by BjornF16 - 12-30-2013, 09:29 PM
Beginning to order stuff - by Tedward - 12-30-2013, 09:36 PM
Beginning to order stuff - by Tedward - 12-30-2013, 09:50 PM
Beginning to order stuff - by Keep The Change - 12-30-2013, 10:00 PM
Beginning to order stuff - by tango29 - 12-30-2013, 10:30 PM
Beginning to order stuff - by cory - 12-30-2013, 11:18 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)