03-17-2013, 09:30 PM
bwaites Wrote:That is most certainly the biggest piece of it. The Feds aren't buying .22, and there is almost none to be found. Bits and dribbles, nothing more.
What's interesting is that its been going on for months....At some point, people have to run out of disposable income for ammo, don't they?
Bill:
You were not reloading when the last big scare hit during the Clinton Administration. Mid 90's as I recall correctly. You could not find ammo, powder, primers, or brass for about 18 months. It took about another year before the shooting public had enough faith that Clinton wouldn't ban something for stocks to build back up. Fortunately, I had quite a stockpile of primers, powder, bullets, and brass so weathered that storm.
I do not think it will last as long this time. I figure about eight months before you can probably find any component you want. Probably less time for loaded ammo as, unlike the 90's, loaded ammo today is immensely expensive and people can't afford to buy cases and cases of it like they did during the last scares.
I believe the NRA and the LEA guys on the forum.
LR1955
