03-17-2013, 01:18 PM
LR1955 Wrote:Bill:That is probably mostly it. I can at least confirm what Bill said for my little sector of the Fed .gov. Training is cut to the bone, and ammo is next to non-existent. If there are mountains of cartridges they certainly aren't where I'm at. Qual ammo is bare minimum, and proficiency ammo is out of the question. It sucks.
That's because this is a solicitation, not the end purchase.
Ammo is expensive and normally the first wave of budget cuts will include training and training ammunition. First wave of cuts ... not the second or last. The first to go is training and of the training, the most expensive is the training that sucks up ammunition.
The truth is that the public is panic buying.
LR1955
I'm effectively cut off. I won't touch my personal ammo fort, and can't get any at work past just shooting bare minimum quals at quarterly. My daughter is shooting her bb gun freely though. Perhaps I should hoard those before they dissapear too???LOL!:eek: :confused:
Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....
We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

