03-08-2013, 06:40 PM
I never followed up! well long story short. It was a bitch. Lots of work. Everything was trial and error but here is the finished product.
![[Image: bd6d6c2a.jpg]](http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg73/trader244/bd6d6c2a.jpg)
i started with a 6.8 mini so I could put a taper on the nose of the bolt and open the boltface on my own and not have to accept ruger's tolerance. Barrel is a douglas. I bought the gas block from ASI and had some gas bushings made. I run a .040" bushing and with the suppressor it slings brass pretty good, but un suppressed it drops the brass about a foot away. I use promag 6.8 mags and they have a little trouble when fully loaded. Im still chasing that problem.
![[Image: 45A432D1-D715-4319-BCB7-934BC167A3B1-126...B684B1.jpg]](http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg73/trader244/45A432D1-D715-4319-BCB7-934BC167A3B1-1265-0000015861B684B1.jpg)
![[Image: th_2892A888-4700-4474-91CF-FD8106EDF5C1-...8481CC.jpg]](http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg73/trader244/th_2892A888-4700-4474-91CF-FD8106EDF5C1-1265-00000158568481CC.jpg)
![[Image: bd6d6c2a.jpg]](http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg73/trader244/bd6d6c2a.jpg)
i started with a 6.8 mini so I could put a taper on the nose of the bolt and open the boltface on my own and not have to accept ruger's tolerance. Barrel is a douglas. I bought the gas block from ASI and had some gas bushings made. I run a .040" bushing and with the suppressor it slings brass pretty good, but un suppressed it drops the brass about a foot away. I use promag 6.8 mags and they have a little trouble when fully loaded. Im still chasing that problem.
![[Image: 45A432D1-D715-4319-BCB7-934BC167A3B1-126...B684B1.jpg]](http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg73/trader244/45A432D1-D715-4319-BCB7-934BC167A3B1-1265-0000015861B684B1.jpg)
![[Image: th_2892A888-4700-4474-91CF-FD8106EDF5C1-...8481CC.jpg]](http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg73/trader244/th_2892A888-4700-4474-91CF-FD8106EDF5C1-1265-00000158568481CC.jpg)
