03-08-2013, 08:06 AM
I am all for the police having what they need to deal with the level of threat they are facing. If they infringe upon the constitutional rights of law abiding citizens that is a different story. Where I live there is 1 sheriff and 1 sheriffs deputy in an area that is 70 miles east to west and 100 miles north to south with the ocasional highway patrol passing through. I never go anywhere unarmed and would back up any law enforcement officer in a heartbeat because help is few and far between out here. By that same token, I would like to think if the order came down from above to inventory or confiscate anything a reasonable person would deam covered by the second amendment, that the local law enforcement would have the good sense to decide that it was not in their best interest and not a lawful order but time will tell. I guess it depends what your definition of a reasonable person is. Joseph

