03-07-2013, 02:43 AM
To my surprise when processing the meat Bobby found the bullet on the hog that I shot had not exited as I thought, there was an exit hole in the shoulder which must have been made by bone driven through the hide but the bullet was found in the shoulder meat just short of exiting. Anyway, here is what a 123 SST looks like after penetrating 24" of hog and breaking the off side shoulder.
![[Image: Image_35.jpg]](http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/Image_35.jpg)
![[Image: Image442.jpg]](http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/Image442.jpg)
![[Image: Image_114.jpg]](http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/Image_114.jpg)
![[Image: Image_27.jpg]](http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/Image_27.jpg)
I think that this bullet performed in an excellent manner. First it killed the hog, it also stopped it so recovery was easy, it penetrated deeply and still had enough power to break heavy bone. It expanded well enough to destroy the vital organs yet held together well enough to allow deep penetration. I call this good.
Bob
![[Image: Image_35.jpg]](http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/Image_35.jpg)
![[Image: Image442.jpg]](http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/Image442.jpg)
![[Image: Image_114.jpg]](http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/Image_114.jpg)
![[Image: Image_27.jpg]](http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/Image_27.jpg)
I think that this bullet performed in an excellent manner. First it killed the hog, it also stopped it so recovery was easy, it penetrated deeply and still had enough power to break heavy bone. It expanded well enough to destroy the vital organs yet held together well enough to allow deep penetration. I call this good.
Bob
