03-03-2013, 05:26 PM
I was looking for some guidence on an upcoming hunt. I had planned on taking my oldest son(20) and one of his friends to Texas for a hog hunt. I have a co-worker that leases land NW of Denton, TX. (My company has a facility near there, I'm from Iowa). But ever since the dry weather started down there, the hogs are few to none. He used to have loads of them on his game cams, now none. Never stopped feeding, just not enough mudd for them I guess.
Anyway, looking for ideas for a place to go that won't break the bank. Just looking to shoot a few. Get some meat and have a good time. (never deboned a pig before, I know I can at least get the "backstrap")
Its not a real big deal but would like to take my boy, otherwise its a long weekend of serious coyote calling. Was planning March 21st-24th. Its spring break for my son. Just looking for ideas, thanks.
Anyway, looking for ideas for a place to go that won't break the bank. Just looking to shoot a few. Get some meat and have a good time. (never deboned a pig before, I know I can at least get the "backstrap")
Its not a real big deal but would like to take my boy, otherwise its a long weekend of serious coyote calling. Was planning March 21st-24th. Its spring break for my son. Just looking for ideas, thanks.

