03-01-2013, 07:09 PM
montana Wrote:LR1955, I never take any flattering on the internet seriously. The internet can be very powerful but like Egypt all they accomplished was to trade one repressive dictator for another. I don't think the question to ask is, would the Montana national guard repress me or any one else , but the question to ask should be, will the mind set of the national guard and the majority of the population be changed to the point that they don't think they are being repressive. You don't think Americans will ever get their way in instilling a Nazi type socialism , I think it has already started but it is more of a Stalinist type than a Hitler type.. We have hate crimes on the book that punishes people for what they are thinking, not for the act of the crime itself " thought police". Try to engage a leftist teacher in any public school system and watch your grade slide down instantly with zero recourse. Nobody owns any property with property taxes, searches at airports and traffic stops that would have made the Gestapo envious. Try to get government moral support for an organization that at one time had full support but now counters the new ideology mindset like The Boy Scouts of America, and see how far you will get. In just my life time I have seen freedoms that I took for granted completely disappear. It is the incremental loss of freedoms as LRRP52 has been talking about, the frog boiling in the pot. The second amendment is just one example of loss freedoms that has occurred in this country that very few even recognize as a loss freedom. Our country today is not what the founding fathers wanted . I guess it depends on what a persons definition of freedom is. Many people consider themselves as free in England but I would consider it a repressive socialist state. The old adage, " cadged animals never want to leave their cadges applies". I am a constitutionalists who believes the constitution means what it say's. A person doesn't need 40 years of law practice or teaching experience to understand what it means. It is not a living document to be changed by case law or changed definitions of those in power. It is hard to change to protect the minority as the majority, unlike a democracy that is nothing more than mob rule that can cast aside the minority at a blink of an eye. Most people who grow up under repressive country's don't even know they are repressed until they get a glimpse at a free nation. Live and let live is the nation I want to live in. If you are not harming any one else you should be able to live your life as you see fit. Your income is yours, not the governments to steal as they see fit. My property is mine not the governments to charge rent as it would like. I am also responsible for myself without the governments power to steal from some one else to provide me with what the government thinks I need. Supporters of repressive governments will always have reasons for stealing and passing repressive laws for the greater good but it is nothing more than enforcing power and control over another. I guess the question to you LR1955 is how do you describe freedom?
Montana:
I look at freedom the exact way you described at the end of your message. Not sure why you would even ask unless you thought I somehow support communism.
As for Egypt. My point isn't who took over. Rather that the oppressive regime of Mubarak could not stop the masses from communicating and because they could communicate, they could plan and organize his downfall. Which they did. The same is going on in Syria and did to a lesser degree in Iran. The internet and mass communication means could well be the biggest check on an oppressive government because tens of millions of people have access to information in an instant.
And, I still don't think you are delusional or paranoid although it is a bit far to say that people are being punished for what they are thinking. Maybe you can cite a few court cases where someone was accused of a crime because of their thoughts (not verbal comments or actions).
You say you have zero recourse given your leftist teacher straw man, or the 'thought police', or communists posing as Democrats. That is why America is more prone to go socialist or communist than return to its roots of freedom. Because you and others like you think there is nothing you can do about it. I don't view it that way at all. I believe people like you can do something about it and still remain law abiding. Parents can get rid of radical leftist teachers, politicians, and bad law.
The question to the guys who are complaining here is what are they doing to defeat the leftist agenda in total, not just the leftist agenda of depriving us of firearms?
LR1955
