06-23-2011, 01:18 AM
Yeah and I spoke with one of the techs at hornady about that, and he said you should get mushrooming at slightly less than 2000fps, but that was minimum for optimum expansion, I haven't shot the GMX's in anything yet, I have handloaded them for some others in 30-06, but no reports back yet as to performance, so i cant speak for them, I can speak for the SST's and Inter bonds, the SST's work great, I like them much better than Nosler BT, they have better integrity it seems, and the interbonds I like even more, I am thinking I may go with them as well in the 6.5.
BjornF16 Wrote:Just curious about your experience with 120GMXs. I have shot handloaded 129SST with great results on whitetail. Looking for a good performing bullet for elk. Considering 129 Interbond (bit pricey though).
I had considered 120GMX but saw that they need approx 2000 fps for good mushrooming.

