12-31-2012, 02:03 AM
You are correct I do not want to pay $500 for a 1.5 MOA barrel, when similar money will buy a .5 MOA (or better) barrel
But at the same time I dont want (need) a 28" bull barrel that cost a grand but can shoot .15 MOA.
I will pay $700 (if thats what it takes) to get a medium contour very accurate barrel in the 20" range.
This will likely be my last AR style rifle, so I am willing to spend good money to build, the most Intrinsically accurate
SPR I can, I have a very good Lower, will have a very good upper (mega), Young BCG, Geissele trigger, Larue mount
Good scope (TBD) PRS stock, etc
But the Barrel is the heart and soul, so I want the most accurate barrel in the 20" range (that does not choke on ammo)
But at the same time I dont want (need) a 28" bull barrel that cost a grand but can shoot .15 MOA.
I will pay $700 (if thats what it takes) to get a medium contour very accurate barrel in the 20" range.
This will likely be my last AR style rifle, so I am willing to spend good money to build, the most Intrinsically accurate
SPR I can, I have a very good Lower, will have a very good upper (mega), Young BCG, Geissele trigger, Larue mount
Good scope (TBD) PRS stock, etc
But the Barrel is the heart and soul, so I want the most accurate barrel in the 20" range (that does not choke on ammo)
