12-29-2012, 06:31 PM
I would really like another Pac Nor but they don't do AR style barrels (they send them to John Noveske but he does 6.8 spc).
From what I gather here the True Grendel (as specified from Bill Alexander) has a .300 neck dia as well as a slightly longer throat, which allows it to be both more tolerant of differing ogives and seating depths AND more accurate,"Not bad for a machine gun chamber"
It looks like the LBC was designed for the 123gr Hornady AMAX but only if loaded short (again correct me if i'm missinformed)
I have heard the Satern barrels with the 6.5 chamber are stupid accurate, and forgiving, that the Saterns with the LBC chamber are also very accurate, but wont eat the off the shelf Hornady ammo.
In other words in the "Cheap, Accurate, or Reliable, pick any two" bucket, I'm picking Accurate, and reliable.
From what I gather here the True Grendel (as specified from Bill Alexander) has a .300 neck dia as well as a slightly longer throat, which allows it to be both more tolerant of differing ogives and seating depths AND more accurate,"Not bad for a machine gun chamber"
It looks like the LBC was designed for the 123gr Hornady AMAX but only if loaded short (again correct me if i'm missinformed)
I have heard the Satern barrels with the 6.5 chamber are stupid accurate, and forgiving, that the Saterns with the LBC chamber are also very accurate, but wont eat the off the shelf Hornady ammo.
In other words in the "Cheap, Accurate, or Reliable, pick any two" bucket, I'm picking Accurate, and reliable.
