12-26-2012, 02:19 PM
The LBC has a slightly tighter neck. You may (or may not) have issues feeding certain factory ammo. LBC also appears to be "tuned" for 120/123 grain pills.
You can search the forum for discussions on LBC v. Grendel chambers. There are quite a few here that shoot LBC and have great success.
I seriously doubt you would have problems with the Satern...they make great barrels. They are cut-rifled which is a big plus. Shilen also produces great barrels...they are button rifled and hand lapped. They are typically used by AA as an upgrade option for "match" barrels.
My original comment was really based upon:
1. $100 difference between two solid barrels
2. Preference for a SAAMI Grendel chamber in a gas gun
Either way, they are great components. I have two Satern barrels (both Grendel chambers). They shoot better than I can.
You can search the forum for discussions on LBC v. Grendel chambers. There are quite a few here that shoot LBC and have great success.
I seriously doubt you would have problems with the Satern...they make great barrels. They are cut-rifled which is a big plus. Shilen also produces great barrels...they are button rifled and hand lapped. They are typically used by AA as an upgrade option for "match" barrels.
My original comment was really based upon:
1. $100 difference between two solid barrels
2. Preference for a SAAMI Grendel chamber in a gas gun
Either way, they are great components. I have two Satern barrels (both Grendel chambers). They shoot better than I can.
LIFE member: NRA, TSRA, SAF, GOA
Defend the Constitution and our 2A Rights!
Defend the Constitution and our 2A Rights!

