Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
AMAX bullet
#13
I can tell you that if you hit big bone-like back leg of a pig- the AMAX turns into a grenade. I'd like something that retains mass a little better. The buck was shot behind the shoulder-both lungs and heart cut. Couldn't ask for better terminal ballistics through rib bones and organ tissue. The lungs came out like hot soup. Both the buck and big sow were heart shot and ran 30-50 yards. The only way I've been able to drop an animal is that they were small-the doe I shot this year, or the head shots I've made with my .458 socom. I take both uppers with me when I go on a hunting trip.

Folks-IMO there's nothing more fun to still hunt in thick woods with than that .458 socom. I have an EOTech on top of that thing zeroed to 100 yards for the woods of Southeast Texas. All you have to do is hit em, don't matter where. 300 - 400 grains moving out of that 16 inch barrel is like a freight train. Last pig I shot at 60 yards off hand in the upper jaw popped both his eyes out of his head. Shot a deer running a little farther back than I like-didn't matter he crashed after 2 strides into a pile with his liver destroyed.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
AMAX bullet - by hillst1 - 11-30-2012, 03:05 AM
AMAX bullet - by stokesrj - 11-30-2012, 03:26 AM
AMAX bullet - by mongoosesnipe - 11-30-2012, 04:14 AM
AMAX bullet - by ricsmall - 11-30-2012, 11:51 AM
AMAX bullet - by toolsofthetrade - 11-30-2012, 01:08 PM
AMAX bullet - by hillst1 - 11-30-2012, 01:51 PM
AMAX bullet - by Deer Hunter - 11-30-2012, 02:49 PM
AMAX bullet - by davesw - 11-30-2012, 05:56 PM
AMAX bullet - by mongoosesnipe - 11-30-2012, 08:29 PM
AMAX bullet - by stokesrj - 11-30-2012, 10:16 PM
AMAX bullet - by mongoosesnipe - 11-30-2012, 11:19 PM
AMAX bullet - by Deer Hunter - 12-01-2012, 01:14 AM
AMAX bullet - by davesw - 12-03-2012, 06:10 PM
AMAX bullet - by Deer Hunter - 12-03-2012, 06:16 PM
AMAX bullet - by hm2 clark - 12-04-2012, 03:10 AM
AMAX bullet - by dvrod18 - 12-04-2012, 03:00 PM
AMAX bullet - by Von Gruff - 12-04-2012, 06:03 PM
AMAX bullet - by ricsmall - 12-04-2012, 09:42 PM
AMAX bullet - by Y85 - 12-05-2012, 12:56 PM
AMAX bullet - by Von Gruff - 12-05-2012, 07:36 PM
AMAX bullet - by Bwild97 - 12-05-2012, 09:51 PM
AMAX bullet - by bwaites - 12-05-2012, 10:16 PM
AMAX bullet - by davesw - 12-05-2012, 11:00 PM
AMAX bullet - by sneaky one - 12-07-2012, 01:39 AM
AMAX bullet - by sneaky one - 12-07-2012, 01:42 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)