12-01-2012, 01:14 AM
davesw Wrote:I downed a 210 pound 150 inch class buck with the 123 AMAX at 153 yards after Thanksgiving. Crushed a 200+ pound sow with same round, a coyote, bobcat, and doe as well. All animals either dropped or ran inside of 40 yards.
Sounds like you had a good weekend after Thanksgiving, the Amax has been my bullet of choice from the beginning of owning my Grendel but i'm looking forward to the SST.
The Hornady 150 grain SST through a Savage .308 is down right mean and i'm expecting similar wounding channels from the 123 gr SST to its bigger .308 cousin. Everything ive shot with my new Grendel has dropped in its track except my 8 point Buck, I put a good shoulder shot on him but he was quartered towards mehe ran approximately 100 yards before collapsing right in front of my treestand where I watched him expire. It was a unique experience to say the least.
