11-27-2012, 01:24 PM
Good point, Von Gruff......I almost mentioned the 20VT and 17FB.
I love both, and you could even add the 22 Hornet to the list as well, but I've always wanted something with more "oomph" and reach. Most shots are 150 yards or under, but you never know.
I shot a fox last week at 130 yards with my 6X45 AR and a 70gr NBT...blew his guts out the backside...DRT for sure. For pelts, in my experience, that's why small pills and high velocity are the key. I'm not saying the 65G isn't a predator killer....just not a good choice for fur keepers.
George
I love both, and you could even add the 22 Hornet to the list as well, but I've always wanted something with more "oomph" and reach. Most shots are 150 yards or under, but you never know.
I shot a fox last week at 130 yards with my 6X45 AR and a 70gr NBT...blew his guts out the backside...DRT for sure. For pelts, in my experience, that's why small pills and high velocity are the key. I'm not saying the 65G isn't a predator killer....just not a good choice for fur keepers.
George
