Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
coyote pelt bullet
#5
I'll probably use my 18" JP Grendel for coyotes in the next few months, but I'm not interested in pelts.

Except in some kind of emergency, I wouldn't hunt with FMJ bullets.....too many potential unintended consequences. JMHO/YMMV.

If I was interested in the pelts, I'd be using a 17 or 20 caliber: .17Rem, 17/204 or .204 Ruger. All three have put dogs in the dirt for me, with very little damage to the hide.....going in or coming out.

My Grendel loves the 85gr Sierra's, especially with 31.6gr of TAC, and that'll be my bullet of choice.

Good luck,

George
Reply


Messages In This Thread
coyote pelt bullet - by reubenhwk - 11-25-2012, 08:55 PM
coyote pelt bullet - by mongoosesnipe - 11-26-2012, 06:12 AM
coyote pelt bullet - by Bwild97 - 11-26-2012, 07:43 AM
coyote pelt bullet - by mongoosesnipe - 11-26-2012, 11:15 PM
coyote pelt bullet - by Vartarg - 11-27-2012, 12:33 AM
coyote pelt bullet - by Von Gruff - 11-27-2012, 03:23 AM
coyote pelt bullet - by Vartarg - 11-27-2012, 01:24 PM
coyote pelt bullet - by mongoosesnipe - 11-27-2012, 02:48 PM
coyote pelt bullet - by RangerRick - 11-29-2012, 05:29 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)