11-19-2012, 03:43 AM
Wow! At that distance, I'm surprised you got a pass-through, especially with that bullet through the shoulders. I personally would not use the 90gr TNT on a deer. When I tested it on squash, it had a huge exit, with the squash split apart.
Sounds like the shot placement worked out for you anyway. Where are you zeroed and where did you hold for that distance? Have you considered the 100gr TTSX, 100gr Partition, or 100gr Hornady SP?
That's still amazing to me that you got a complete pass through with a 90gr TNT at 300yds. I guess the lower impact velocity let the bullet stay together enough to do what it did. Nice harvest and shot placement.
Sounds like the shot placement worked out for you anyway. Where are you zeroed and where did you hold for that distance? Have you considered the 100gr TTSX, 100gr Partition, or 100gr Hornady SP?
That's still amazing to me that you got a complete pass through with a 90gr TNT at 300yds. I guess the lower impact velocity let the bullet stay together enough to do what it did. Nice harvest and shot placement.
