Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Speer 90gr TNT
#12
Well I had to wait a while, but I finally got my shot today. I to was curious as to what a 90gr TNT would do on a large animal. Had 4-5 deer come in on the pile this evening, and after picking a decent sized doe, I fired a shot from 300 yards. I hit her through both shoulders, with a small entry hole and nickel sized exit. However the damage inside was unlike anything i've seen from a medium caliber. When gutting her out, the entire area from her chest to mid-ribcage was bloodshot, front of lungs were shredded, liver had some cuts and was bloodshot, and the opposite shoulder was somewhat bloodshot underneath as well. She ran a total of 120 yards before piling up. Down is there was little to no blood trail, but I believe with a hit tight behind the front shoulder, she would either not have ran, or not ran nearly as far. Admittedly, I hit her a lil far forward, but its better than to far back! All in all I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out. I'll use it again in open environments.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Speer 90gr TNT - by PA452 - 10-21-2012, 02:09 AM
Speer 90gr TNT - by LRRPF52 - 10-21-2012, 01:50 PM
Speer 90gr TNT - by LRRPF52 - 10-22-2012, 02:16 AM
Speer 90gr TNT - by hellcat370 - 10-22-2012, 04:13 PM
Speer 90gr TNT - by Lead Chucker - 10-23-2012, 11:41 AM
Speer 90gr TNT - by hm2 clark - 10-25-2012, 02:30 AM
Speer 90gr TNT - by Lead Chucker - 10-26-2012, 11:31 PM
Speer 90gr TNT - by hellcat370 - 11-08-2012, 04:37 AM
Speer 90gr TNT - by JASmith - 11-08-2012, 03:54 PM
Speer 90gr TNT - by Dinny - 11-08-2012, 04:40 PM
Speer 90gr TNT - by hm2 clark - 11-09-2012, 01:35 AM
Speer 90gr TNT - by hellcat370 - 11-19-2012, 01:35 AM
Speer 90gr TNT - by LRRPF52 - 11-19-2012, 03:43 AM
Speer 90gr TNT - by hellcat370 - 11-19-2012, 12:43 PM
Speer 90gr TNT - by Lead Chucker - 11-23-2012, 04:07 AM
Speer 90gr TNT - by hm2 clark - 11-24-2012, 12:45 AM
Speer 90gr TNT - by hellcat370 - 11-24-2012, 05:59 AM
Speer 90gr TNT - by JASmith - 11-24-2012, 02:49 PM
Speer 90gr TNT - by hellcat370 - 11-24-2012, 04:41 PM
Speer 90gr TNT - by Deer Hunter - 11-25-2012, 05:30 PM
Speer 90gr TNT - by Deer Hunter - 11-25-2012, 05:32 PM
Speer 90gr TNT - by hellcat370 - 11-26-2012, 04:30 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)