Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
New 129 gr ABLR Accubond Long Range bullet
#9
Most hunters don't shoot that far at game-most. I know Von & L52 do. The ideal thing would be a 123, and say a 110. That would fill in the voids-cover every need. I like the I-bond in 110. I can get to 2740 easily for a good smack down, and minimal wt. loss. Also as a lead free option, the GMX-with a twist. If they would build it like the discontinued Barney unit , with the silvex? in the rear. We could have a unit close to 100TTSX oal., but weighing 110-115. That may be close to about right. That would get us close to 6.5 Swede-.308 performance from the Grrr.I am seeing ALMOST that much performance w/ the 94 gmx , @ 2890. When I bought this rifle 4 yrs. ago, my goals were right away, to up the performance of this small round. I've reached my goals, and then some. I wait for a few diff. wts. to develop- I am set for now,if we all push together, we may get what we ALL want. Someone-not me!-should set up a nice polling station, and ask all the forum members, here only,, to cast an idea , for what they want-in a hunt bullet, Bill A said the 105-115 range is best.I kinda felt that too... so I adjusted to those wts. to see. I beleive he was right on. We can then present it to said manuf.'s to reveiw. Some of us could do damage tests-some the long range shooting. It would be a fantastic Grendel gang project. Sound good? I too ran some ballistic charts, 94 Gmx, & a 105 IB-they are almost twins! Those 2 are what's in the mags for this wknds. hunt Look out deer!. I sent a note to Horn. for them to contact me, nothing yet. Von try the jbm calc. trajectory (drift)-you get to add bbl. twist , bullet length and more. My 94's are zeroed @ 200yd. = 1.0" high @ 100y,- 7" drop @300y. Still 977 ft. lb., and 2163 fps.- there @ 300y. Used G1=.378BC . This covers my hunt locale very nicely. The 105 IB, slower, yet G1 BC =.359 doesn't win till 700y. Hee-hee!!!!!!!!!!! My ride is here , later guys. I am bringing a camera this time.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
New 129 gr ABLR Accubond Long Range bullet - by Bigfoot - 11-01-2012, 03:45 AM
New 129 gr ABLR Accubond Long Range bullet - by JASmith - 11-01-2012, 07:08 PM
New 129 gr ABLR Accubond Long Range bullet - by Bigfoot - 11-02-2012, 05:19 AM
New 129 gr ABLR Accubond Long Range bullet - by LRRPF52 - 11-02-2012, 05:28 PM
New 129 gr ABLR Accubond Long Range bullet - by LRRPF52 - 11-02-2012, 08:49 PM
New 129 gr ABLR Accubond Long Range bullet - by sneaky one - 11-02-2012, 09:05 PM
New 129 gr ABLR Accubond Long Range bullet - by Bigfoot - 11-03-2012, 12:03 AM
New 129 gr ABLR Accubond Long Range bullet - by Luv269er - 11-03-2012, 06:47 PM
New 129 gr ABLR Accubond Long Range bullet - by Bigfoot - 11-04-2012, 07:23 AM
New 129 gr ABLR Accubond Long Range bullet - by k280 - 02-14-2014, 05:40 PM
New 129 gr ABLR Accubond Long Range bullet - by Bwild97 - 02-14-2014, 08:18 PM
New 129 gr ABLR Accubond Long Range bullet - by explorecaves - 02-14-2014, 10:27 PM
New 129 gr ABLR Accubond Long Range bullet - by Whelenon - 02-15-2014, 02:29 AM
New 129 gr ABLR Accubond Long Range bullet - by LRRPF52 - 02-15-2014, 02:51 AM
New 129 gr ABLR Accubond Long Range bullet - by Bwild97 - 02-15-2014, 06:02 AM
New 129 gr ABLR Accubond Long Range bullet - by Whelenon - 02-15-2014, 03:28 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)