Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
New 129 gr ABLR Accubond Long Range bullet
#3
Yes and no on those thoughts on hunt bullets JAS. I hunt short range mostly-ucap=up close and personal. The extra speed with the 94 gr. GMX's @ 2860-2890 fps. make the impact-and inside destruction even more lethal than say 100 grn. lead units,at close=or slower speeds, with a shorter bullet.-I've done a lot of testing for 2 years on this unit. It is trully the most accurate hunt bullet I've ever shot-out of this rifle-same group size out to 200y.=a dime covers the group size. They buck the wind better than a shorter 100 gr. unit. I will use it to 300yd. max. It is an amazing bullet, I hope to sway H. to make a version of it in 100-105 wt. soon. Bill A mentioned to me a -6 months ago-the Grendel does it's best with projectiles in the 105-115 gr. class, as far as drift, speed, trajectory, impact speed and etc. I took that good advice to heart, all the bullet trials I have done lately are in that zone. The Gmx-needs to be lighter tho. It's nasty bad. I compare it to a tiny outboard motor propeller , on the fly! It does not yield, nor shed wt. =it plows forward-look out> I hope to harvest a deer this season w/ it-2 yrs. ago I took a deer w/ a 100 grn gmx-300fps. slower=== a DRT deer. The only other bullet choice I use is a Bonded unit say a 105-110 grn. Interbond, or Accubond.

Cheers,, as Von would say
Reply


Messages In This Thread
New 129 gr ABLR Accubond Long Range bullet - by Bigfoot - 11-01-2012, 03:45 AM
New 129 gr ABLR Accubond Long Range bullet - by JASmith - 11-01-2012, 07:08 PM
New 129 gr ABLR Accubond Long Range bullet - by sneaky one - 11-02-2012, 03:40 AM
New 129 gr ABLR Accubond Long Range bullet - by Bigfoot - 11-02-2012, 05:19 AM
New 129 gr ABLR Accubond Long Range bullet - by LRRPF52 - 11-02-2012, 05:28 PM
New 129 gr ABLR Accubond Long Range bullet - by LRRPF52 - 11-02-2012, 08:49 PM
New 129 gr ABLR Accubond Long Range bullet - by Bigfoot - 11-03-2012, 12:03 AM
New 129 gr ABLR Accubond Long Range bullet - by Luv269er - 11-03-2012, 06:47 PM
New 129 gr ABLR Accubond Long Range bullet - by Bigfoot - 11-04-2012, 07:23 AM
New 129 gr ABLR Accubond Long Range bullet - by k280 - 02-14-2014, 05:40 PM
New 129 gr ABLR Accubond Long Range bullet - by Bwild97 - 02-14-2014, 08:18 PM
New 129 gr ABLR Accubond Long Range bullet - by explorecaves - 02-14-2014, 10:27 PM
New 129 gr ABLR Accubond Long Range bullet - by Whelenon - 02-15-2014, 02:29 AM
New 129 gr ABLR Accubond Long Range bullet - by LRRPF52 - 02-15-2014, 02:51 AM
New 129 gr ABLR Accubond Long Range bullet - by Bwild97 - 02-15-2014, 06:02 AM
New 129 gr ABLR Accubond Long Range bullet - by Whelenon - 02-15-2014, 03:28 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)