10-31-2012, 10:17 AM
All,
query on stock selection. I recently ordered my Grendel components (AA 18" fluted upper, JP lower) and now I need to pick a stock. I got one of the SCS springs from JP and one of the APCustom composite handguards and I am looking for some type of sturdy, lightweight adjustable stock. Midway carries more options than I can interpret -- the VITOR EMod looks interesting, as do the Magpul options (MOE v CTR v STR) but hell if I can tell the differences. The Magpul UBR looks good too, but real heavy.
Anybody have advice? -- the rifle will be used for hunting (nearly exclusively) so weight is a huge concern but I might consider taking a long shot if needed, so reproducible accuracy (sturdiness) is always a factor.
As always, help is appreciated.
Thanks.
query on stock selection. I recently ordered my Grendel components (AA 18" fluted upper, JP lower) and now I need to pick a stock. I got one of the SCS springs from JP and one of the APCustom composite handguards and I am looking for some type of sturdy, lightweight adjustable stock. Midway carries more options than I can interpret -- the VITOR EMod looks interesting, as do the Magpul options (MOE v CTR v STR) but hell if I can tell the differences. The Magpul UBR looks good too, but real heavy.
Anybody have advice? -- the rifle will be used for hunting (nearly exclusively) so weight is a huge concern but I might consider taking a long shot if needed, so reproducible accuracy (sturdiness) is always a factor.
As always, help is appreciated.
Thanks.

