Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Day at the range!
#2
bwaites Wrote:LongShot_34 and I got a chance to run to the range today.

The Garand is very interesting, especially when that clip pops out the top! With his help I avoided M1 thumb. I'm not an open sight guy, so just being on paper made me happy. I could easily understand why it was such a devastating weapon in WW2, and why it was called the greatest battle implement ever devised. We had a stoppage, and he easily tore it down on the line and repaired it.

I would estimate that our shooting experiences are similar. I too have a great friend who lets me shoot his toys. And although I don't personally own a larger variety, I have pulled the trigger on some really unique firearms.

I think your expereince with the M1 is very much how I felt after I shot one for the first time. You can really feel the power of a .30-06 screaming down range. Have you ever had an opportunity to shoot an M1A? If you liked the M1, then you would love the M1A (at least I did). IMHO that is the perfect balance between everything that makes up a firearm. And, I love the fact that it shoots .308. At 200 yards, the 1/2 steel plates really thump when you hit them.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Day at the range! - by bwaites - 05-31-2011, 06:02 AM
Day at the range! - by michaelmew - 05-31-2011, 05:56 PM
Day at the range! - by longdayjake - 05-31-2011, 06:04 PM
Day at the range! - by Longshot_34 - 05-31-2011, 06:17 PM
Day at the range! - by bwaites - 05-31-2011, 06:21 PM
Day at the range! - by bwaites - 05-31-2011, 06:40 PM
Day at the range! - by harmanrk - 05-31-2011, 10:03 PM
Day at the range! - by bwaites - 05-31-2011, 10:37 PM
Day at the range! - by harmanrk - 06-01-2011, 12:41 AM
Day at the range! - by Longshot_34 - 06-01-2011, 01:19 AM
Day at the range! - by z06man - 06-01-2011, 06:23 AM
Day at the range! - by Longshot_34 - 06-01-2011, 01:49 PM
Day at the range! - by bwaites - 06-01-2011, 02:06 PM
Day at the range! - by warped - 06-01-2011, 05:03 PM
Day at the range! - by bwaites - 06-01-2011, 05:10 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)