10-07-2012, 10:03 PM
Yes, very sad. That 12 year old is probably never going to hunt again. The family of the man who died is going to miss their husband/father (not sure if the man who died was the father of the 12yo). The man who took the shot is probably ruined for life and may well face some sort of murder/manslaughter type of charge on top of the fact that he killed his friend. At a minimum may face poaching charges? I'd presume the other adult would also face potential poaching charges if he also carried a gun?
Why the adults even had guns is a mystery to me, they were not legally allowed to hunt at all because this is, as stated, YOUTH HUNTING SEASON and designed for hunters under the age of 18 to be in the field.
Tragic in every way and totally avoidable had they simply followed the law.
I have no idea if these people were wearing hunter ORANGE, which is also required in this state. Lots of unanswered questions and I have very little information.
I can't even imagine what the child is going through, seeing his hunting partner (probably his dad?/grandfather?/uncle?) shot in the head.
Why the adults even had guns is a mystery to me, they were not legally allowed to hunt at all because this is, as stated, YOUTH HUNTING SEASON and designed for hunters under the age of 18 to be in the field.
Tragic in every way and totally avoidable had they simply followed the law.
I have no idea if these people were wearing hunter ORANGE, which is also required in this state. Lots of unanswered questions and I have very little information.
I can't even imagine what the child is going through, seeing his hunting partner (probably his dad?/grandfather?/uncle?) shot in the head.
