09-26-2012, 04:38 AM
I'm pretty sure the OP is talking about the ejector. A sharp, pronounced ejector can hang up the rim of the case, so many hi-power shooters and smiths radius the ejector and polish it mirror smooth for reliable feeding.
Some people cut their ejector spring coils, so their brass lands in a nice little pile right next to them. Something I learned within the year is that the selector spring is also the same spring as the ejector spring, in case you need one for reference or emergency. The milspec springs are made to a certain standard, while there are unkowns surrounding many after-market springs, as well as detents.
Some people cut their ejector spring coils, so their brass lands in a nice little pile right next to them. Something I learned within the year is that the selector spring is also the same spring as the ejector spring, in case you need one for reference or emergency. The milspec springs are made to a certain standard, while there are unkowns surrounding many after-market springs, as well as detents.
