09-27-2012, 08:22 PM
LRRPF52 Wrote:+1 on the .875" PRI gas block, which uses a straight gas tube BTW. They won't advertise it on their site if they are out of tubes, but they do have them last time another forum memeber checked (last week), so I would give them a call. PRI makes quality stuff too.
Bwild97 has been having great success with CFE behind 100-130gr bullets, getting 3000fps with 100gr AMAX, and over 2600fps with 129gr SST & 130gr Norma Golden Target at mag-length COALs.
I would PM him to compare notes on what makes his 24" click.
When you say "Standard" for the bolt carrier, what do you mean? I lean to using an M16 carrier in all my AR's, but especially in the Grendel, as well as a heavier buffer to counteract the increased gas system pressure from heavier pills and larger powder volume than 5.56 generates.
I use the M16 carrier as well, have not tried the heavier buffer. do you use the heavier spring as well? As you can probably tell Iam realativly new to ARs. I have just gotten the bug about a year and a half ago. I have been restoring collectable rifles and shotguns for 35yrs. Didn't think I would ever own an AR until a buddy brought his out to my shop, as they say the rest is history. I now have one in 5.56 and the Grendel. I already have another lower and parts kit to build another for my 14yr old daughter. After she was shooting mine all I have heard is how much she wants one.
