09-24-2012, 01:35 AM
I tried the recipe you recommended Bob. 4 of 5 went into a nickle sized area. The last shot opened the group to about an inch. A few weeks ago I moved my rifle's throat forward by .060". When I set an Amax with a COL of 2.28, the groups become more consistent and tighter. Still, 4 of 5 in a nickle is nothing to sneeze at.
BTW, velocity averaged 2535 with your recipe from a 22" Lothar Walther barrel and a CSS chamber. An Amax touches the lands with a COL of 2.3810"
31.5 grains of LVR with an AMAX 123 set at 2.2815" averages 2593 fps and gives a .5" 5 shot group. I've found that the LVR powder behaves almost identically to the CFE 223 powder and I have the better part of an 8lb keg of the LVR.
BTW, velocity averaged 2535 with your recipe from a 22" Lothar Walther barrel and a CSS chamber. An Amax touches the lands with a COL of 2.3810"
31.5 grains of LVR with an AMAX 123 set at 2.2815" averages 2593 fps and gives a .5" 5 shot group. I've found that the LVR powder behaves almost identically to the CFE 223 powder and I have the better part of an 8lb keg of the LVR.
