LRRPF52 Wrote:Holy crap, that's a shooter. Share your 129gr SST load please.
129 SST
Hornady fired brass
26.9 AR-Comp
CCI #41
COL ~2.265
~0.003 neck tension with no crimp
Brass resized with Forster die (with expander) to bump the shoulder ~0.003", then run through a Redding sizing die with 287 bushing and expander ball removed. A 2-step process seems to get more consistent results when neck is moved ~0.010"+. Probably unnecessary for the LBC chamber, but it's the way I handle brass from a Grendel chamber, and I stick to the same method either way.
Oddly for the 129 SST, I leave the seating die at the exact same setting that I use for the 123 A-max seated to ~2.250 COL (over 27.7 grains of AR-Comp with light FCD crimp). With the 129 SST, this leaves the top of the cannelure barely visible at the case neck. (Cases trimmed to ~1.519".)
Both loads have been dependable in a variety of barrels and chambers. Not tremendous velocity, but not overly slow either. (Didn't run the chrono yesterday, but the SST load is probably around 2325 and the A-max around 2465 from this 18" Krieger.)
The SST load was 2-for-3 on the 10" steel gong at 600. Based on more extensive testing with another barrel, I think the SST's BC is a little better than Hornady states.
Snogun deserves a better scope with more magnification if it gets a significant amount of use.
(Just amusing myself referring to the rifle as Snogun. I don't use the name with any seriousness.)
Drifter

