09-18-2012, 10:16 PM
There is also the consideration, and Bill A. explained this to me in regard to the development of 65G steel-case ammo, that steel gets more finicky as chamber pressures increase. If I've got the engineering correct, steel has less spring back than brass, and so pressures must be reasonable to avoid really gluing it to the chamber walls.
It was his opinion that even AR pressures are starting to push it. I don't know what 7.62x39 steel-case typically runs at in an AK versus .223/5.56 steel-case pressures in an AR.
John
It was his opinion that even AR pressures are starting to push it. I don't know what 7.62x39 steel-case typically runs at in an AK versus .223/5.56 steel-case pressures in an AR.
John
:: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets
:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::
:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::
