08-29-2012, 06:38 PM
michaelmew Wrote:What kind of handguard is that? What are you using for a gas block?
Would you agree that imitation is the highest form of flattery? If so, then would you share details of how you got the paint job. I'm in Texas and I love the novelty of a snow gun build.
-mm
mm- Notice that there are links in the answers below.
Handguard is an MGSS (Jet Suppressors). I'm using it with an SWS barrel nut.
The hidden low-profile adjustable gas block is from Syrac Ordnance.
As for the finish, there are numerous places that do hydro-dipping, and also some DIY kits. Since I wanted Realtree AP Snow, and there are very few places licensed to use official Realtree patterns, I sent my stripped parts to Tarjac.
Tried to get some better pics, but no real improvement in photography.
First pic isn't real clear due to lighting, but I added a 1.5" MI rail to the Ace stock by countersinking for the nuts underneath the buttpad. Then I attached a Vtac LPSM so that I would have a swivel base where I wanted it...
![[Image: DSCF1946.jpg]](http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f107/Driftwood2304/DSCF1946.jpg)
![[Image: DSCF1945.jpg]](http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f107/Driftwood2304/DSCF1945.jpg)
![[Image: DSCF1944.jpg]](http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f107/Driftwood2304/DSCF1944.jpg)
![[Image: DSCF1947.jpg]](http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f107/Driftwood2304/DSCF1947.jpg)
My pics just don't do it justice...
Drifter

