08-10-2012, 08:07 PM
Northwind Wrote:Thanks for sharing that... i am reading it in parts so i can digest...Well I sent this to some "fence riders" and the replies I got were actually pretty positive. But these particular "fence riders" are people who know that I carry a gun on a daily basis.
AS FOR THE "ANTI'S" they have already made up their minds.... just hope it would sway the fence riders, and reasonable minded
It will be interesting to see...
- IF the anti-gun crowd can de-bunk this 'study'
- IF the 'study' withstands statistical analysis
- IF the pro-gun community can promote this 'study' and reinforce its data points
- IF this gets any traction in any media (pro-gun, mainstream, etc) and how the police, etc respond.
I'd also point out that nothing in the study is intended to be an insult or slap at our law enforcement officers. Its simply a matter of timing. A person on the scene can react NOW, but an officer en-route in his car can not react until after he arrives. Even if he gets there in 60 to 90 seconds the shooter can inflict many more murders during that time span.
