08-10-2012, 06:40 AM
Deezil Wrote:why?What do I dislike about AR15s?
Minor stuff:
- The Sproing! sound of the buffer spring on firing.
- The safety, when operated, sounds and feels like a toy.
- Access to the chamber.
More important stuff:
- Forward assist.
- Charging handle configuration and location.
- Length of A2 fixed stock.
- Feel of telescoping stock.
- Shape and dimensions of pistol grip.
- Shape and width of handguards.
- Balance and handling.
My M1A was perfect in regard to shape and dimensions of the stock, fore end, and pistol grip. Plus, it had ideal fit, feel, balance and handling.
![[Image: M14.jpg]](http://www.g2mil.com/M14.jpg)
I considered trying to customize an AR15 to have the same qualities as my M1A, but I never found a suitable fore end. Besides, it'd cost a ton of money to do such modifications, and who knows how it would turn out.
