08-09-2012, 03:02 AM
rickOshay Wrote:Here is a link to the CA Bill SB 249 that would effectively outlaw ALL AR style rifles:Hmm. I think you're quite mistaken. I just read the linked pdf, and as far as I can tell, the bill basically only adds "bullet button" magazine releases to the list of "evil" features like pistol grip, flash suppressor, etc. ARs that do not have a BB mag release and other "evil" features would still be legal.
http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/pub/11-12/bill...sm_v93.pdf
Actually, I'm surprised it took so long for this to happen. The "bullet button" always was in violation of the spirit and intent of the law. (And don't anyone misinterpret that to mean I condone the ban. I'm still pissed that it caused me to get rid of my M1A back in 1999.)
Bwild97 Wrote:This Bill would also designate the Winchester Model 100 as an "Assault Rifle" because it has a detachable magazine...
rickOshay Wrote:Yup - there is a long list of guns that will become illegal if this Bill goes through. Even the good old Ruger 10/22.I saw nothing in the bill that would designate either of those guns as "assault rifles." Where are you guys getting this stuff? :confused:
